Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Poultry Seasoning Mix

This seasoning mix is great to use for both turkey and chicken as well as to use in stuffing.

3 T thyme
2 T marjoram
2 T rosemary
1 T sage
1 T savory (preferably winter savory)
1 T celery seed
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t ground allspice
1/4 t fresh ground pepper

If you are using these as a mix, make sure that any fresh herbs have been dehydrated so they don't mold in the sealed container. You can, of course (and it's best), use the fresh herb/spice if you are using the seasoning immediately.'

If I am going to use it for stuffing, I increase the amount of rosemary, celery seed, and sage (because I really like those flavors for stuffing).

I usually triple this recipe and use FoodSaver bags to keep it fresh. I put it in a long rectangular pouch and cut off only a small amount each time I use it and reseal it in the same bag.

No comments: